Skip to main content
Electrolux | Help and Support

Sparks inside cooking compartment



If there are sparks inside cooking compartment, refer to the suggestions below for step by step instructions.

Warning: Do not use the microwave function when the oven compartment is empty.

  • Microwave function used in an empty oven typically generates sparks inside the compartment.
  • Switch off the oven immediately if this happens, to prevent damage to the oven.

If you find that fewer sparks are produced when either the rack or one of the trays is used in combination with the microwave function, this usually only happens when there is a very small amount of food or liquid in the oven. 

  • Try placing a large cup of water at the side for a few minutes and check if there are still sparks.
  • If sparks can no longer be observed, the problem is related to the amount in the oven that can absorb microwaves.

Check also whether the foil plate at the top of the oven compartment is dirty/oily.

  • Layers of fat on this plate could also produce sparks in the oven compartment. If it cannot be cleaned, an installer will be able to replace it.



To help you determine the exact nature of the problem, we recommend a visit by one of our authorized engineers to check the appliance and fix the problem.

When contacting us, please have the following information to hand. You will find this information on the manufacturer’s data plate:

  1. Model number
  2. Product number (PNC)
  3. ELC number
  4. Serial number

Data plate with model number, product number/PNC, ELC and serial number:

  1. Model number
  2. Product number (PNC)
  3. ELC number
  4. Serial number

[3–9999] Where will I find the data plate on my product? 

NOTE: Depending on the problem, you may be charged for a service visit by an engineer, even during the warranty period.

Make a note of the reported error code and quote it when you request an engineer. This will not solve your problem, but it will help our engineer identify the cause of the problem.


Warning: We do not recommend using the product until the problem has been completely fixed. Unplug the product and do not plug it in again until you are certain that it is OK to do so.