- Unpleasant, rotten or strong odour in the freezer
- Fridge freezer
1. Store strong-smelling foodstuffs in airtight containers.
2. Defrost the freezer before you start cleaning.
See your user manual for instructions on how to defrost your freezer.
3. Clean the shelves, door seal and inside using a suitable anti-bacterial disinfectant/cleaning agent.
4. Clean the drip tray situated above the compressor at the rear of the appliance.
5. Rotten odours can be removed by first cleaning the inside of the appliance with a damp cloth.
- Spread yoghurt over the inside of the appliance and allow the lactic acid bacteria to work and remove the rotting bacteria.
- Rinse the yoghurt off after approx. 12 hours.
6. If the power supply has been cut off at any point and the food has thawed, this may be the cause of the odour.
Foods that have thawed cannot be refrozen.