- Washing machine displays error message EHO / EH0. It indicates a problem with the power supply.
- Front loader washing machine (integrated and freestanding)
- Top loader washing machine
1. Check the power supply by plugging a different product into the same socket and see whether that works
If the other product also does not work, the problem is probably with the wiring fault.
Warning: Never use an extension cable to connect appliances. This can cause a short-circuit or fire hazard.
Important: Contact your local electrician for advice and guidance on fixing wiring problems.
2. Reset the appliance
- Remove the plug from the socket, wait 30 seconds and then plug it in again (The same result may be achieved by using the safety switch).
- After plugging in the appliance, switch it on and select a program.
3. Contact an Authorized Service Centre
If the above suggestions did not solve the problem, we recommend requesting a visit by a service engineer.
NOTE: Depending on the problem, you may be charged for a service visit by an engineer, even during the warranty period.
Make a note of the reported error code and quote it when you request an engineer. This will not solve your problem, but it will help our engineer identify the cause of the problem.
Warning: We do not recommend using the product until the problem has been completely fixed. Unplug the product and do not plug it in again until you are certain that it is OK to do so.