- Washing machine displays error message E10, C1 or emits 1 beep / 1 flash. It indicates problem with not taking in water, not taken in enough water or problems with the drain.
- Front loader washing machine (integrated and freestanding)
- Top loader washing machine
1. Check the water supply
Turn off the tap and remove the inlet hose. Place a bucket or other similar container under the tap. Turn on the tap and check that enough water comes out of it.
You should be able to fill a 10-litre bucket in about a minute.
2. Clean the filter in the inlet hose next to the tap.
If there is a filter in the water valve where the inlet hose screws into the washing machine, is should be also clean.
3. Ensure correct position of the drain hose
The drain hose should extend no more than 10 cm down into the drain. Refer to the installation instructions in your user manual or separate installation leaflet supplied with your appliance. You can download user manual here.
4. Ensure correct drain height
The height of the drain must be no more than 100 cm and no less than 60 cm above the base of the machine or as shown in the user manual. Refer to the installation instructions in your user manual or separate installation leaflet supplied with your appliance.
5. Clean the pump and filter
Clean the pump and fluff filter, including the pump blade (if the pump blade is visible, rotate it with a pencil and refit the filter). Then start a hot wash without adding any soap powder to clean out the drainage system. For detailed procedure refer to the user manual supplied with your appliance.
6. Check for blocked drain
Check whether the drains are draining satisfactorily. Try a wash with the drain hose in a bowl or sink.
7. Check the drainage hose for possible kink or twist
Kink or twist in the drain hose may prevents the water from flowing through the hose. You can check it behind the machine.
8. Use less soap powder
When a lot of soap powder is used or a lot of foam is produced, the level system can get blocked by foam.
You can fix this by switching off the machine and shaking the drum forwards and backwards several times. Clean the drain pump/filter and then run a hot wash without any soap powder.
9. Reset the appliance
Remove the plug from the socket, wait 30 seconds and then plug it in again.
8. Contact an Authorized Service Centre
If the above suggestions did not solve the problem, we recommend requesting a visit by a service engineer