The Pyr symbol indicates that the pyrolytic self-cleaning function of the oven should be performed.
General notes on pyrolytic self-cleaning function:
- Pyrolysis is a self-cleaning function of you oven at a temperature of approx. 500°C.
- The pyrolysis self-cleaning function turns baked on food residue inside your oven turns ash, allowing you to easily wipe the residue with a damp cloth.
- During pyrolysis, the door is locked because of the high temperatures.
- You can chose between three different programs, each program varies in length depending on the type of soiling and oven.
The Pyr symbol will appear based on the following factors:
- The oven's operating time.
- The most recently used oven functions and the selected setting temperature.
- The actual degree of soiling is not a factor.
Before you start the pyrolysis self-cleaning function:
- Be sure to read the instructions for pyrolysis in your user manual. (If you do not have your user manual, refer to Where can I find the user manual for my appliance?).
- Remove all suspension grilles and accessories from the unit.
- Do not place any other objects, such as pans, pots or anything else in the oven.
- Remove all major dirt, oil and grease deposits.
- Clean the inside of the door with hot water to prevent the hot air from getting stuck.
- Do not start the pyrolysis until the door is fully closed.
- Ensure good ventilation during and after the pyrolysis. Especially animals (especially birds) should be in a well-ventilated area during this time. Some birds and reptiles can react very sensitively to the fumes. Small animals also react during the pyrolysis to the local temperature fluctuations.
- In our ovens the fumes emanating from the pyrolysis are safe for people, including children and people with health problems.
To reset Pyr on the oven's display:
- For addition information please refer to Resetting PYR or CATA on the oven's display.