Grey marks on laundry after washing in washing machine
- washing machine
- washer dryer
1. Grey marks on laundry after washing can be prevented by doing the following:
- In the future, prevent your clothing coming into contact with the below mentioned personal care products
- Use a pre-wash cycle. The pre-wash cycle must be run without any detergent.
- Make sure you use the right amount of detergent. Use the amount recommended by the detergent manufacturer.
2. Regularly carry out a maintenance wash using a washing machine cleaner
For detailed procedure refer to the user manual supplied with your appliance. You can download user manual here.
We recommend specialized detergents available from our Webshop.
- Constant washing at low temperatures (40°C or less) and increasing use of detergents (enzyme-based) can lead to mold and gelatinous dirt build up inside door seals, pipes and drums. This can block hoses, cause odour in the washing machine and can leave deposits on your laundry.
- Stains on clothing/fabrics can also be caused by a chemical reaction between certain personal care products or household appliances and the detergent. These products could for example be:
- Household bleach
- Face cream
- Hair dyes/dyes